"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sorry... Another Black, White & Hot Pink Card!

Well, here I am today with another black, white & hot pink color combo.   This time for the current DeNami Design color challenge, #4.  It's kinda funny that in the last week I have made at least three cards using this color combo, but to be honest its a combo that I really like so I totally enjoyed making each card!   The current DeNami challenge doesn't require you to use DeNami stamps, but when I do a challenge issued by a stamp company I do like to use their stamps on my card, if I have some!   Anywhoo... I used the stamp Filagree Centerpiece for the card.  The image was stamped on the hot pink cardstock using Versamark Dazzle ink in Frost and then on the white cardstock using PTI's True Black.  I colored in the open work with my Tuxedo Black Memento marker and Rosebud Memento marker and then added the hot pink rhinestones.  Used my favorite punch:  Fiskars Upper Crust to punch the bottoms of the pink & black cardstock.  Layered everything on the white card base and finished with PTI's True Black double stitched ribbon.

Thanks for taking a peek... have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI White & True Black; SU! Passion Pink; Stamp:  DeNami Design Filagree Centerpiece; Ink:  PTI True Black; Memento Tuxedo Black & Rosebud, VersaMark Dazzle - Frost; Rhinestones:  Kaiser Craft; Ribbon:  PTI True Black; Punch:  Fiskars Upper Crust

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very striking card! Love the accent of rhinestones - and the border punch and ribbon is the perfect accent.

Barb said...

Fantastic card, Rosie...no apology needed...I love these colors! wonderful punched edges and I love that pretty bow!

Michele Gross said...

Gorgeous! I love how you used the stamp as a background and focal point! Lovely bling too :) So glad you joined us at the DeNami Design challenge :)

Elise said...

Baaaaaaeautiful, Rosie! Don't apologize AT ALL - clearly, these colors are at your beck and call and you're calling for LOVELY! This is just juicy! Love all of the details, and yet, the beauty of that one stamp REALLY shows! Great work! I'm "pink" with envy! {hee hee}

Nat said...

keep these cards coming, they are wonderful!! love this colour combo!! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a pretty card! That border punch looks awesome layered like that! And I love the way you created the background by using the focal point image and versamark ink! Such a great effect!

Alice said...

this is so beautiful! love how you decorated the stamped image! fab card!

Paulina said...

Fabulous job on this challenge, Rosemary! I love that we both chose the same stamp for our cards!

The added touches of rhinestones are PERFECT for this card- super DeNami! ;)

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami Color Challenge!

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful card Rosemary! Fab colour combination and design!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your win Rosemary - have fun shopping!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Very pretty! :) Love what you did with the rhinestones! Congrats on your win! :)