"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Squeakin' in with ODBDSLN29


So... I'm squeakin' in with my card for ODBDSLN29, to have some sparkle on my card.   I have a tendency to do that far too often. I tell myself with each new challenge that I'm going to get my project done right away, but something always comes up.   Anyway, I did finally get something done.  I used my brand spankin' new set of Spellbinders Lacey Squares dies.  I got them from Flowers to Flourishes, a really cool website that posts one deal per day and you can pretty much always get the product at about 30% to 50% off retail.  Shipping is generally only $4.99, which is another plus.  Recently they started selling the new Spellbinders dies for $13.99 even with shipping the cost for a set still comes in well under alot of other retailers.   Check'em out..

In an effort to get better at coloring with my Copics, I got them out to color the flowers and butterfly. I really like how the flowers turned out.   My bit of sparkle comes from Diamond Stickles applied to the center of the flower and to the body of the butterfly. 

Thanks for taking a peek.... hope your day is going well!   So far so good for me!  On another note, today's post is my 100th!!  Can't believe I have reached that many posts in just the 4 months that I have been bloggin!  Yikes!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & spring rain; Stamps:  ODBD Don't Worry; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Spellbinders Lacey Square dies; Cuttlebug; Rnager Diamond  Stickles

8 comments:

Elise said...

Happy 100, darlin'! Can't believe it EITHER! YOU have a knack for this bloggin' thing, that's for sure! Meanwhile, Copic cutie - great job with this lil' gem! Those colors have left me breathless as does this card overall! I love the softness of the hues and that terrific framing work! I'm delighted with the success of your terrific blog and GREAT, great crafty turnout! Wahooo!

Alice said...

this is beautiful!

HappyCrafter said...

This is lovely and so feminine! Great job with your copics :-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Rosemary!! I so love the blue black and white color scheme and your design! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ooh, very pretty, I love the soft baby blue colors!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Rosemary,this is gorgeous!!! Love the softness of this BEAUTY and the sparkle is just perfect!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

stampingandstitching said...

Another gorgeous card, Rosemary! Wonderful design and colouring! Sounds like you found a great shop there!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh this is sooo lovely - beautiful scalloped loops around the border! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC!!!