"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Very Vintage Christmas

Another short post today.  My 2nd for the day, actually.   I got some really exciting stamp related news this morning and it really got me in the mood to make something...  So I decided to complete a card for the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge before the challenge ended!  Yippeee!!   I love the vintage look and feel of alot of the sets from Waltzingmouse.  One of my favorites being the Very Vintage Christmas set.  I paired the stamps from the set with BasicGrey's Wassail 6x6 papers and several different inks.   As you can see, I chose to turn the sketch on it's side for my card.  My card is also not the traditional 5.5 x 4.25".  

If you haven't ever taken a peek at Waltzingmouse stamps, you really should.  Claire just released 5 new sets and they are fantastic!  I especially like the Nutcraker Sweet set and I'm scheming on how I'm going to add it to my collection!

Thanks for taking a peek... hope you have a wonderful day (or evening whichever the case!)

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Bazzill red; PTI kraft & vintage cream; BasicGrey Wassail; Ink:  Stampin Up! Riding Hood Red; Ranger Forest Moss & Bundled Sage Distress inks; SU! Riding Hood Red wide ribbon; Stamps:  WM Very Vintage Christmas; punch:  EK Success Bracket punch

8 comments:

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Rosemary! love the beautiful background pp you used!!

Barb said...

Beautiful paper, Rosie! Love that striped ribbon too! Pretty Christmas card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So very beautiful, loving the red and white striped ribbon!

velta said...

Hey girl! This card is so "Christmas!" I love the bow! Congrats on the DT spot...what an honor...I am so proud of you!

Elise said...

Yum, yum, yum, indeed! This is a terrific vintage Christmas, indeed! Much, much to love RIGHT HERE! Such a classy look and I love how you've accented it all with that decadent bow! {Love it!} You sure make blogging and card craft a LOT of fun, sweet girl! THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!

Julia Aston said...

This is so pretty! love the papers you used and the label looks wonderful! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous Christmas card, Rosemary! I love the wonderful vintage look you have achieved!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card for the Holidays! I love you you stamped that gorgeous label image in red! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)