"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Yep, its raining, but what else do you expect in the NW in the fall?   However, the wet and the gloom make for a perfect opportunity to stay inside and make cards.  I did that yesterday and hope to do so today.  And I actually got two cards done!  The one I'm posting today is for JUGs challenge 54 and Waltzingmouse sketch challenge 18


The JUGs challenge was to use acetate on your project.   I haven't done alot of things using acetate, but after buying some Hero Arts clear cards recently I'm inspired to try it more often.   I stamped the clear card with the Hero Arts DB Holly Flourish using Stazon Cloud White and let it dry.   I used the WMS set Very Vintage Christmas and a Prickly Pear Stamps set called Clearly Beautiful Trees that I won recently from Prickly Pear.  The set has a matching tree die and I won that, as well. 

After diecutting and then stamping all the bits and pieces using SU! Riding Hood Red & Memento Bamboo Leaves, I distressed the edges with Close to My Heart Parchment.  Some tiny sparkles were added to the trees and I finished it off with a bow made from PTI's New Leaf ribbon.  I have a shot (not a very good one, though) of the interior, as well. 

Thanks for taking a peek... hope your weekend was nice and dry!

Supplies:  Hero Arts Clear Card; PTI Vintage Cream cs; Stamps:  WMS Very Vintage Christmas, Prickly Pear Clearly Beautiful Trees; Ink:  SU! Riding Hood Red, Memento Bamboo Leaves; Ribbon:  PTI New Leaf;  Tiny Sparkles:  Close to My Heart; Cuttlebug; Prickly Pear Tree die; Spellbinders Small Labels dies

10 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

So so pretty! You did a wonderful job with the clear card! Love the trees and the inside is just as pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh another gorgeous card, Rosemary! Wonderful combination of stamps and take on the design! I love your use of acetate!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Rosemary both inside & out! Love how you used acetate! I've never tried this before - thanks for the inspiration! Thank you so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

AKiteFlier said...

Beautifully done Rosemary. Love the trees on the front with the subtle yet striking staz-on stamping. Well done! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

girlia said...

This is such a gorgeous card.

Andrea M said...

Hi Rosemary! Love this card!!! What a brilliant take on our acetate challenge! Absolutely beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS - we really appreciate your support!!!

Alice said...

beautiful acetate card, Rosemary!

Elise said...

Yeah, ROSIE! You + acetate = me likey! Love that swirl pattern and the innards of your card, complimenting and peeking though... So perfect! What an excellent Christmas card: I HEAR jingle bells!

Nicky Hsu said...

Another stunning creation. Love how you use the acetate. Genius idea.

Savitri said...

Wow, how GORGEOUS!!!! Just stunning!!!