"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My First Gatefold Card...

The JUGs challenge (#59) this week is a technique challenge to make a gatefold card.  I have never made a gatefold card and so this the was perfect time to give it a go.  Since I'm getting this done at the last minute (again!!) I decided to keep things pretty simple.  I used a lovely Christmas set from Close to My Heart called Classic Christmas for the card.  I got the set because I loved the one and only sentiment (used in the card).  It reminds me of the song from How the Grinch Stole Christmas that the Whos sing on Christmas morning.



Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Gina K. Spruce; Ink:  Close to My Heart New England Ivy; Stampin Up! Real Red, Ranger Bundled Sage distress ink; Stamps:  Close to My Heart Classic Christmas;  Hero Arts - Holly Flourish db;  Twine:  PTI Rustic Cream; rhinestones:  KaiserCraft

7 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Hey sista! Nice GATEFOLD! I love it! I think this may have been my first gatefold as well so we are in great company :) LOVE the double trees....reminds me of walking into a christmas tree farm. You know the kind, beautiful trees, hot cocoa and Santa for my kids to whisper their christmas wishes to Delightful! Thanks for joining Just Us Girls this week!

Karen said...

Very sweet! I always feel opening a gatefold card is a bit like opening a pretty wrapped present, with love from a friend. And I agree with Dana, the two trees had me walking down the lane of frosty trees from your winter wonderland blog background....kind of goes with the Christmas music the kidlets & I were listening to in the car during our country drive today! :>

I've never had an authentic chai before. I get the Red Rubios Chai tea bags from Trader Joe's and the whole family loves them. Hubby & the kidlets like it in iced tea & I like it hot. With all kinds of diet restrictions, I'm always all over anything that I can buy that everyone in the family enjoys & can consume! lol :>:> Hope your day is going great! :>

Barb said...

Such a neat card, Rosie! Love those trees and the twine bow! So fun!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is fabulous, I love the look of the leaves and flourishes in the background! The double trees is perfect for this type of card!

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous gate fold card! I love the effect of opening the doors to the message :-)

Michelle said...

Hey Rosemary, love this card!!! The trees are great! I love how you used the twine!

Elise said...

SUCH a groovy card, my friend and THANKS for setting the mood with the terrific "Seuss-style" sentiment and EXCELLENT use of the gate-fold! {I love it!} This card makes me yearn for some serious retro-Christmas fun: fantastic job!