"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, July 4, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise...

I wish I was in paradise, but I'm not... However, it is finally nice and sunny here in the Pacific Northwest and the last weather report I heard said that our warm, sunny weather is going to hang around for awhile... YIPEEE!!!   Not exactly paradise, but I will take it!   My card is for a couple of challenges:  JUGs and Wee Memories.  The Wee Memories challenge is to make a summertime card and when I saw the JUGs sketch, I thought two would be a good match.   Didn't take me long to decide to use the Hero Arts/BasicGrey cling set Lauderdale along with some Stampin Up designer paper I got a couple of years ago.   The sentiment is from Hero Arts as well.   Some sand colored Flower Soft was used to make the little beach.  The "coconut" is a corduroy button from Stampin Up!   I don't live in paradise... but I can create a bit of it on a card!




Thanks for taking a peek....  hope everyone in the US had a wonderful 4th of July!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI White; SU! Orange; SU! designer paper; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Ink:  SU! Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss & Close to Cocoa, Memento Tangelo; Buttons:  SU! cord buttons; Spellbinders dies

13 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! How adorable is this! Fabulous card, as always!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, love the sand, you out did your self girly!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute!!! Love the colors, the sand and that sweet little plaid flower!

Christine said...

Nice card just like the weather. Today it was good here but tomorrow the rain is coming to our way!
Hug
Christine

Michelle said...

Super fun! Love the coconut! :)

Brenda said...

Awesome, fun card! Love the colours and that gorgeous coconut!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Cute and fun Rosemary!

Kathryn B said...

Rosemary this is just perfect! I love these palm tree and the coconut button...very clever girl!!! Fab background paper too! Heck I like the whole thing! LOL!!!

Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

Elise said...

SWEET and talented, Madame ROSE! This is fabulous, my dear! CLUNK - those brads, as coconut! Seriously - you ARE brilliant! WHAT adorable use of Kathryn's sketch - I'm ALWAYS inspired, by WONDERFUL you! YIPEEEE!

Greta H said...

Darling card, Rosemary!

Dana Gustafson said...

This is so cute! I love our sunny little vacation spot complete with coconut button! Clever girl!Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wow this certainly is Paradise, it's fabulous

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card! Love the overall design of your card and the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)