"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Orchids

Hi Ya!  Hope everyone is having a good week!  Unlike the rest of the country, the Pacific Northwest is experiencing an unusually cool summer.   Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, but we shall see. 

I have a card today for two challenges:  Flourishes and Card Patterns.  The Flourishes challenge this week is an inspiration challenge and Silke provided a really neat photo to spark our creativity.  The bright pop of color in the photo appears to me to be purple so that is the color I went with for my card.  Instead of using a bright purple, though, I used the more muted PTI purple, Plum Pudding.  I'm not a huge fan of purple, but for some reason I just love Plum Pudding.   The layout of the card is based on this week's Card Patterns sketch.  I generally don't do long cards, but I like the sketch and decided to make my card a long one.



The image is from the Flourishes set Orchids.  Because I was using Plum Pudding as my purple I colored the orchids with more muted tones as well.  I used the following Copic markers:  BV000, BV00, Y21 & YG91.  The small piece of Plum Pudding cardstock was run through my big shot in a Sizzix lattice embossing folder.  The sentiment was die cut using the 2nd smallest Spellbinders Labels 4 die. 

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Soft Stone, Plum Pudding & White; Stamps:  Flourishes Orchids; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI True Black; Sixxiz embossing folder; PTI Plum Pudding saddle stitch ribbon; Copic markers; Spellbinders Labels 4 dies

17 comments:

Elise said...

Hello, LUSCIOUS! My mouth is watering from the plummy/orchid goodness of this DELIGHTFUL take on this great sketch! Love, love, love the horizontal acclimation and completely scrumptious, tactile wonderfulness of the embossing and ribbon treatment! - YOU my dear NAILED it! {THANKS for sharing your WONDERFUL talent with Card Patterns! *Wink!*}

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Stars girl this is breath taking!!!! Love your coloring too!

Catherine said...

Great card!

Brenda said...

So beautiful Rosemary! I thought you were scoring all those lines yourself but now I see it's an embossing folder! I might have to look into that!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So very PRETTY!!~

Christine said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! It's just like I made for my sons wedding, that's also a long card! I like this size.
Greetings from a wet Belgium
Christine

sheila said...

seriously beautiful Rosemary. I love your subtle coloring...the lavender is so soft and delicate

Shannon White said...

Wowzers! This is soo Elegant and Beautiful! love how you worked the sketch too.. Just Wonderful!

Hugs
Shannon

nedergaard ( Lissy ) said...

It's so beatyfull!!!

Angelica Turner said...

Rosemary, this card is gorgeous!!! Loving the texture the ribbon and the embossing add to the design, not to mention the perfect coloring on that image.

Saints Rule! said...

So lovely Rosemary! Your interpretation of this sketch rocks!

Robin K. said...

The subtle coloring of the flowers is so beautiful Rosemary!! Love your take on the sketch!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh....this is simply GORGEOUS Rosemary! Love your take on the IC photo and the sketch...the embossing is a super cool touch and you made the orchids look so soft and perfect! Thank you for playing along with us :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is beautiful, love the colour and the embossing

Michelle said...

I love these colors! Love your take on this challenge! Beautiful embossing and flowers!

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely stunning, Rosemary! Gorgeous long and low design and your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge this week!

Greta said...

I love purple--more than ever after seeing this beauty! Love everything about this card, Rosemary!