"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 23, 2013

a couple of cards...

Hello friends!!  Have a couple of cards that I made today.  Both cards use My Favorite Things stamps so that is why I'm posting them together.

 
The first card is for the current sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch and this week's ColourQ challenge.  I used the following MFT stamp sets:  Big Greetings and Abstract Art.  I have had Abstract Art for sometime now, but just hadn't found the right project to use it on.  Finally this week's CTS gave me that opportunity.   I stamped the first image using PTI's Simply Chartreuse and layered the second image using SU!'s Pacific Point.  The sentiment was added using SU!'s Early Espresso.  The card base is Island Indigo. 


The second card is for the current MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge.   Once, again, I used the MFT set Chalkboard Greetings.  Love that set... so fun!  The papers I used are from My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste line... this time the "Flair" 6x6 pad.   I stamped the sentiment using Close to My Heart's Daisy White ink and once it was mostly dry smudged it a bit.  The twine I used is some Tim Holtz paper twine.  I got it this afternoon at Joann's.  They had a lot of their crafting supplies on sale at 50% off and so I thought I would give this twine a try.  It tied pretty nicely... which is something I like.  The banners were die cut using the MFT Fishtail Flag Stax dies. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  1st card:  Cardstock:  PTI & SU!; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Inks:  Stampin Up!
2nd card:  Cardstock:  PTI white & true black; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  MFT; Dies:  MFT; Ink:  Close to My Heart; Twine:  Tim Holtz

19 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Great cards, Rosemary! I love the stamps and colors you chose on your first card, and your "Subway Art" card is so cool! Love the polka dot patterned paper and how you placed the twine, too! As always, your cards are so inspiring!

Greta said...

You are absolutely the queen of CAS, Rosemary! The first card is so simple & dramatic & appealing--wish I could do that! Love how you used the MFT sketch--great papers, too!

Viv said...

Two fabulous CAS cards again Rosie,love the colourful splodge on the first esp. , so perfect with the sentiment and background. Sorry I am late commenting again :)Viv xx

judkajudi said...

I agree with Greta; you are the queen of CAS! I struggle with CAS.

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards!! :)

Loly Borda said...

Love the first card! TFS

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

LOVE those paint splatters - such a great take for both challenges.

Nat said...

I've been wanting to try this chalkboard technique, its really cool! both cards are awesome :) !!!

Brenda said...

Two cards, awesome! Love that first CAS card very much Rosemary!

Michelle said...

Love the paint splatter and the chalkboard cards!

Saints Rule! said...

Wow Rosemary! Both of todays projects are uber cool! But I have to say the paint splatter is SO fun! Love your daring take on things! {{hugs}}

donna mikasa said...

LOVE your take on the sketch, Rosie! CAS at its best!

Penny Ward said...

Love your MFT cards. You do CAS soooooooooooo well. I want lessons, I tell you!

Deepti said...

Beautiful cards, I love the first one more.. the splatter looks awesome

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the sketch - so fun and funky! And I love those two patterned papers together on your second card. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful work - I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q this week!

Greta said...

Congrats on another shout-out at CTS!

Darnell said...

Fantastic winning card, Rosemary! Congratulations!!