"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 3, 2013

the human spirit...

Hello friends!!  Hope you weekend is going well.   Have a card I made for the new LIM challenge.  Since this is the first Saturday in the month it is a color challenge.   After studying the colors for a bit I decided that I was going to go with the following color combo:  light grey, light yellow, dark yellow/mustard, kraft, dark, dark brown and white, of course.   The layout for my card is based on the current sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.

 

I have had this lovely stamp set from the Craft's Meow called Wild Flowers for quite sometime now and had not inked it up, yet.  When I saw the CTS sketch I knew that set would be perfect.  I stamped the main image using SU!'s So Saffron and then stamped the sentiment (from the Craft's Meow set Hope Bloom) using SU'1s Early Espresso.  The butterfly image was added using SU!'s More Mustard and Crumb Cake and Memento's London Fog.  Rounded a couple of corners and then added the little rhinestones to finish up the card.  

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Stamps:  The Craft's Meow Wild Flowers & Hope Blooms; Inks: Stampin Up! and Memento; Rhinestones:  Stampin Up!; Corner Rounder:  Fiskars

25 comments:

Nat said...

wow!!! :) gorgeous!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Rosemary! This is just stunning!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Your card is beautiful, you have mixed your colours wonderfully, and I love the quote.
Smiles:)
Sue

Gillian R said...

So so gorgeous Rosemary! Just stunning

Chrissie said...

This looks SO delicate Rosemary and I love how the sentiment bisects the image!
Sorry I didn't get around to visit much last week!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Fiona said...

Lovely work Rosie

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous card.... Love the Sentiment
Hugs Sylvie xx

Deepti said...

This is soooooooo beautiful :) I see a winner, by the way you are always a winner to me :)

Viv said...

Just soooo fabulous Rosie, I love it :) Viv xx

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Rosemary! Such a lovely choice of stamps and color palette...Love it!

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful card! Simple and elegant, a winner in my book. TFS

craftieodmae said...

that is just priceless!!!!!

Karen M said...

Beautiful! x

Linda Beeson said...

I like this! I have that stamp and I really like the color you stamped it in, I need to try a nice soft color like that.

wienerhoneymooners said...

..Still contemplating this challenge... I LOVE your take on this, my FAVE so far... LOVE your card so much!!!

judkajudi said...

This is just beautiful!! So delicate ... you've done wonders with that color combo!!

Julie said...

What a delicate and pretty card Rosemary. Great use of the colours. Lovely.

Linby said...

Gorgeous take on the challenge, it looks so pretty.
Linbyx

Lindsey said...

Really lovely card. Love it!

Paula Fuller said...

Love your card. And oooh la la...that bling just finishes it off nicely!

Jen Nelson said...

rosi this is simply stunning I love it!!

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Rema DeLeeuw said...

What a great image! Perfect in every way...

Canonbury creations said...

Just gorgeous Rosie:)
Val x

Michelle said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Need I say more!

Chrissy Larson said...

I love this! The impact that those soft colors have is amazing!