"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, November 16, 2013

happiest day...

{for my TE/CardMaker blog hop post please scroll down or click here.}

Hello friends!!   Got a chance to make a card for one of my favorite challenges, ColourQ.  I used the current sketch from Seize the Sketch for my layout. 


When I saw the ColourQ combo I knew I wanted to use a big bold image for my card and the one I chose was the sunflower image from the MFT/LJD set Splendid Sunflower.  I stamped the sunflower using Close to My Heart's Sunflower ink and then the center of the flower using SU!'s Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry inks.  The leaves were stamped using SU!'s Bravo Burgundy.  Once I had everything stamped I trimmed all the images out (I don't yet own the companion dies... they are on my wish list!).  Some Pumpkin Pie polka dot patterned paper was added to the mix along with a Rich Razzleberry cardstock strip.  I layered everything up and added the sentiment from the MFT set Birthday Sentiments. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & kraft; SU! Rich Razzleberry; PP:  SU!; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Close to my Heart.

21 comments:

Barb said...

You used those colors beautifully, Rosie! LOVE that dotty paper and your flower is so pretty!

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Rosie it would cheer up anyone's day. Love the sunflower and the polka dot paper:)
Val x

crafty lil mouse said...

love that flower stamp it is fab so are your colour choices... great card!! Mx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
This is magnificently bold and beautiful

Martha said...

WOW, this is STRIKING, Rosemary! Gorgeous flower, & dots always catch my eye. Great use of the colors & sketch.

walchowDesign said...

Lovely card and you used the colours to perfection, Rosie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that's such a beautiful bloom, Rosemary ... who couldn't have the happiest of days seeing this ... it's simply gorgeous! Anita :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love how the pumpkin pie polka dotted dsp sets the stage to show off that big sunflower! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary beautiful card and design! Love the dotted paper. Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Greta said...

You brought that sketch to life, Rosemary, & now I see how fabulous that color combo really is! This is one gorgeous card!

Stacey Schafer said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! the rich color is amazing! thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Sketch!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, perfect sentiment for this happy card! LOVE that flower!

jintyoo7 said...

Brilliant use of the colours, and gorgeous big sunflower = BEAUTIFUL!

Robin K. said...

That's one fabulous flower!!! I really love your use of these challenge colors!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Rosi. I just love the colors.

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a stunning card, Rosemary! I love how you added so much texture to the inside of your sunflower...so pretty!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your sunflower, great use of the colours, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

buggin2stamp said...

Absolutely gorgeous sunflower card.
Melissa

Tammy Hershberger said...

That sunflower is gorgeous! Beautiful card!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary, I love your sunflower and how you colored it! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous! The color combo is amazing and I love that huge sunflower!

~Shery