"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Precious Remembrance Shop Blog Hop!

Hello PRS fans!!!  Today the PRS design team is showcasing a brand new PRS stamp set called "Joy"!! YAY!!  Love it when we get to showcase a new PRS set!  If you got here from the blog of the super talented Geri, then you are on the right track.  If not, head over to the PRS blog and start the hop from the beginning.  At the end of this post I will have all the details about how you can win this fabulous new set. 




I went for a clean and simple look for my card.  I used some non-traditional colors for my card and so I will be posting this to the current Less is More challenge.  I started by stamping the sentiment strip that says "Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year" multiple times (8 to be exact!) using aqua ink.  I then stamped the wreath in pink and then over stamped it using watermark ink.  Iridescent embossing powder was applied and then heat set.  I die cut the wreath using some Spellbinders plain circle dies.  The wreath was attached and the sentiment stamped underneath with black ink.  To finish things off I added some tiny pink sequins (from Verve) and an aqua baker's twine bow.


Now for the details on how to win this set! 

Subscribe to the PRS blog (if you haven't yet);
Follow/like PRS on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram; and
Leave a little comment love on all the design team posts and the PRS blog.  Commenting closes on Saturday, November 8th.   A winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments.

Now... off you go to the next stop the blog of my teamie, Andrea.  I know she will have something absolutely fabulous to share with you!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Smoky Slate; Stamps:  Precious Remembrance Shop Joy; Inks:  SU! Pretty in Pink & Pool Party, Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing Powder:  Judikins Iridescent; Sequins:  Verve; Baker's Twine:  My Mind's Eye

33 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Oooo...I love how you stamped out the graphics behind the wreath! Fantastic design!

Jamie said...

Wow! I love love love this card! I love the background! These stamps are so versatile! Love how you popped up the wreath, very pretty colors!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary! I couldn't wait to see what you'd make with the new PRS set...and this is why! Just beautiful!!! I adore that wreath and the colors you paired are gorgeous! Bravo!

Piali said...

Pretty card!

Sue Lelli said...

Love how you use the circle die cuts to cut out your Christmas wreath! Love how you stamped the sentiments for a background! Love the colors

Dorothy C. said...

So pretty - love how you created the background.

craftieodmae said...

Another gorgeous creation!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh, I LIKE this, Rosemary!!! The non-traditional colors are fabulous! You always figure out a way to use images creatively and I love the way you made the wreath!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty color combo Rosemary, this is pretty!! I like the way your twine drapes perfectly around the wreath!!

Greta said...

Love the new set & LOVE your card, Rosemary! Wonderfully designed & beautiful non-traditional colors!

Amy C. said...

This card is so sweet. I like the unconventional Christmas colors.

Sid said...

Fab and unusual card, love the colours !!

Katie said...

Wonderful graphic card! Love the color choices. And the background stamping idea too. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

chucksusan said...

Cute card. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing!

Pam Sparks said...

sweet card! TFS!

Nat said...

very modern, love the non traditional colours. As usual your design rocks!! :)

Denise Bryant said...

Love your pink/aqua combo! Beautiful card with that pretty wreath!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, what great colours, Rosemary and what neat stamping!!! I love your pink wreath and IRL it must look so beautiful with the heat-set EP!!!! Love your pink sequins, too and the lovely bow is the perfect finishing touch!!!
This is beautiful, Rosemary!!!

Have a super Friday!!!

~amy~ said...

What a fun card, I love the non-traditional colors!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super CAS and gorgeous Rosemary.
great colours too
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anonymous said...

Cute color combo!

Carol said...

Super LIM card, very pretty colour combo. Carol x

walchowDesign said...

Love your background stamping with the sentiment - you are truly a genious, Rosemary!

jintyoo7 said...

LOVELY! Such pretty stamping, Rosie, the pink and aqua look so pretty together :-)

Viv said...

Another stunner Rosie, just love that colour combo and perfect stamping. Have a lovely weekend my friend ;) Viv xx

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, Love those stripes in the BG :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, so pretty, Rosemary! I love that you chose non-traditional colors for this card, and your striped background with the repeat sentiments is fabulous!

I apologize if I didn't see it sooner...CONGRATS on your cover for Card Maker Magazine! Your card is absolutely gorgeous and so deserving for the cover page...Woo-Hoo!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Lovely how you used all these stamps Rosi.

Anita in France said...

Such gorgeous colours, Rosemary ... love all that yummy shimmer on the pink wreath ... perfect with the sequins1 Anita :)

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love how you used your die cuts to make the wreath.

Anne said...

Fun stamps and super card Rosi!
Sorry to be so late commenting this week, thanks so much for your LIM entry
Anne
Less is More Designer

Chrissie said...

I don't know how I managed to miss commenting on this last week!
This is gorgeous Rosemary, those colours looks beautiful... really subtle!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Judy1223 said...

EEEK! I loved this card on your blog, and now I can LOVE LOVE LOVE it in my hands!!! Thank you so much, Rosemary, for sending me this lovely Christmas card! It made my day and sits prominently on my window sill where I can admire it! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! God bless you and your family this holiday season!