"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, August 9, 2015

hello...

Hey friends!!!   Popping in with a card to share for a few challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, My Favorite Things color challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  Love the colors in the current MFT color challenge so I really wanted to make something for the challenge.  I found some patterned papers that matched two of the colors (the steel grey and lime) and die cut them using my PTI notebook die.  The stamps and dies used are MFT's Peaceful Wildflowers.  I die cut three of the long stemmed image and then stamped it with a green that corresponded with the MFT green.   Brought in the raspberry color with a strip of patterned paper.  After layering everything up and adding the small bow I realized that you could barely see the lime green color so I added the lime green sequins to the card.  The "hello" (also an MFT die) was die cut from white cardstock and from fun foam to give the die cut more depth and then adhered to the card front.  I think it is a bit crooked, but you know what... I think it is okay, lol!



Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Patterned paper:  Stampin Up!, Teresa Collins, American Crafts, Sequins:  Ellen Hutson, Stamps:  My Favorite Things;  Dies:  PTI and MFT, PTI black button twine
 

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I really like the way you've used the sketch Rosemary!! The papers are pretty and I like the little touch of twine. Pretty card!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors and the mix of patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful design, Rosemary! Love the layering and how you grounded the images with the dies and twines. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Tie It Up” Challenge!

Greta said...

Love how you used the sketch, Rosemary--you've inspired me to use my wildflower stamps & dies!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ooohhh I love this Rosemary! I adore the combination of DSPs you've used paired with those pretty flowers and die cut sentiment. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

walchowDesign said...

Great take on the sketch and love how you combined the wild flowers and the dies, Rosemary!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this is really beautiful, Rosemary!!! Love your patterned papers and those long stemmed flowers are so lovely!!! The little twine bow is very cute and I love the sentiment!!!
Have a great day!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this card has so many subtle touches that make it brilliant Rosi. Like the black twine around the flowers, pop of red and that hello on top. Love it.

Anita in France said...

Lovely layering, Rosemary ... fabulous combination of DP ... and fantastic detailing ... just brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

What a lovely card this is, Rosemary!
Fabulous design.