"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 15, 2015

i see you...

Hello... popping with a card that I made for a couple of challenges:  CASology (you) and the Paper Players (a color challenge).   The October card kit from Simon Says Stamp came with this really fun stamp set called "I See You".  When I saw the CASology challenge I knew I wanted to use that set for my card.  The color combo at the Paper Players is red, green and yellow.  All colors that would work well for a Christmas card, but I decided to use the colors create a card with a bit of a funky vibe to it.  I started by taping a piece of water color paper to my little bamboo board and using yellow and green paints from my Gansi Tambi watercolor paints set to create my background.  Once the background was dry I stamped the glasses in red ink and the sentiment "i see you" in black ink.  I let the piece continue to dry and then this morning die cut the piece using the second largest die in the A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Rectangle Backdrop dies set.  Mounted the piece on some PTI Fresh Snow linen cardstock and then added a sprinkling of Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins.  I'm pretty pleased with how the watercolored background turned out!  Also adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge:  water coloring.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI linen, Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  SU! Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black; watercolor paints:  Kuretake Gansai Tambi; Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins; Die:  A Jillian Vance Design

18 comments:

LauraVi said...

Love this card!

Kara Lynne said...

I love your watery yellow and green background, and those red glasses are fantastic! Great card for all those challenges!

Petra Swart said...

Your watercoloured bg is so lovely, Rosemary and I really like those fun glasses!!! Such a cute and fun card!!!
Have a lovely day!!!!

Ardyth said...

Love how the red pops from the watercoloured background. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week, Rosemary!

laurie said...

This is beautiful! I love your watercolor background, so pretty. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players Rosemary!

Lisa Elton said...

The red glasses are fabulous and I love your watercolored background!!

LeAnne said...

Oh, darn, I have seen these eyeglasses used a few times and I think they are SO COOL! LOVE your background and sequins....what an awesome CAS creation! So happy you shared this with us this week!

Jaydee said...

The watercoloring is so on trend and really took a beautiful soft approah to the colors. The pop of red on the glasses is fabulous! so glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week and thank you for rocking my challenge.
jaydee

Hannelie said...

Awesome take on the cue card Rosemary!
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week !

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore everything about this gorgeous trendy card Rosemary! Beautiful executed! Thanks for joining us with your creative talent this week at The Paper Players!

Anita in France said...

Brilliant, Rosemary ... your watercolour wash is gorgeous ... such a lovely backdrop to those fun glasses and sweet sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, this is so fun! Your watercolored background is perfection, and the use of the challenge colors is perfect! Love, love this! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

Greta said...

Super fun card & love the watercoloring!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the pretty colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome take on the Cue Card, Rosemary! I love your water colored background and the eyeglasses are so cool! Looks like a winner to me :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a clever use of the glasses & sentiment.
I love the watercoloring & colors.

Deepti said...

This is awesome! Love the wash BG :)

Lisa Lara said...

oh so beautiful Rosi with your watercoloring.