"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 25, 2016

watercolor cards...

Hey friends!!  Stopping in to share all the cards that I made for the Altenew Academy Stunningly Simple Watercolor Techniques class.   There were six days of classes, but I only completed cards for five of the days.  One of the techniques covered was no line watercoloring and that was the one that I did not make a card for as I need to watch the video again and then do some more practicing.  As I said in a previous post Lydia Evans is an amazing teacher.  The projects she created for the class are so gorgeous!!  She really inspired me to improve my watercoloring skills!   First up is a card I made for day one of class:  creating ombre backgrounds. 

 
The stamps I used are Painted Poppy and Half Tone Hello and the Hello die from Altenew.  The hello was stamped in grey ink, but it looks silver here.   The next card I made using the day 2 technique of watercolor smooshing.   The card was made with my second effort with this technique.
 

This card was made using Painted Lily stamps and matching die.  I die cut the lily from the piece I watercolored and then stamped it with one of the layers.  The panel was attached to the card base and then I popped up the lily over the die cut opening.   The next card is for day 3 of class watercoloring embossed images.

This card is my favorite of the bunch.  I used a stamp from the Concord & 9th set Shine Brighter as I didn't have suitable image from Altenew to use.  The flower was colored with Altenew Crisp inks Frosty Pink and Coral Berry.  The lattice background was die cut using the WPlus9 Design Lattice Frame die.  My super sweet friend, Greta, sent me this die and I absolutely love it!!  The leaves are from the Altenew set Painted Flowers.  The next card is from day 5 watercoloring solid images.

I was really pleased with how this card turned out.  The little tree is a set that I got for free from Altenew called Pear Tree.  I stamped the tree using a light green ink, applied some water to smooth out the images and then added the shading with a darker shade of ink.  The sentiment is from Painted Poppy.   The final card uses the day 6 technique dropped in color.

When I finished the panel for this card I wasn't really happy with it, but once I got the card put together I started to like it better.  I used Half Tone Hello, again, along with a sentiment from Label Love.  Lots of gold embossing on this one (the hello and the label).   Well... that's all the card.  Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, black, pink and Ranger watercolor cardstock; Stamps:  Altenew and Concord & 9th; Dies:  Altenew, WPlus9 Design and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Altenew Crisp Inks and Stampin Up; Ranger Gold embossing powder; Heidi Swapp glitter cardstock; Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins

10 comments:

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! I should have taken that class--these are wonderful, Rosemary! I love the one with the lattice die, too, but the last one is stunning! You get an A+ for sure!

Barb said...

More "Wows" from me Rosie! Definitely an A+ for your homework! Each card is absolutely fabulous!

Canonbury creations said...

Brilliant array of cards Rosie love watercolour cards and the ombre one is amazing!
Val x

Martha said...

AND...more "WOWs" from me, also!
WOW...WOW...Rosemary, what beautiful water-colored cards.
I love all of them...but if I had to choose one or two...
the first and last are my favorites.
Sure sounds like it was a fun class.

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes Rosemary, these are all fabulous!! They're so soft and PRETTY!!

Karren said...

Absolutely beautiful selection of cards! I look forward to seeing more watercolored cards from you :)

Petra Swart said...

WOW, watercolouring is fabulous, Rosemary!!! All of these are sooooooo beautiful!!! I'm trying to pick my fave, but it's so difficult, I can't decide!!!! But I have to say I really like the cute little trees!!! All the pink ones are so soft and feminine and the blue and gold one is gorgeous!!!! I think I need to do this course!!!! Such beautiful cards!!!
Have a great day!!!

Anita in France said...

Looks as though you had an amazing time in that class, Rosemary ... and now we have such a treat enjoying all your creations ... they're beautiful ... every one! Wouldn't want to chose a fave as it changes as soon as I scroll down or up!! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

Wow these are all soooo pretty Rosie ;) Viv xx

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my golly Rosi, a gorgeous parade of cards. Great job.