"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 2, 2016

two cards... two seasons...

Hello!!  The weekend is winding down here in my neck of the woods and after spending the last few days running around more than I like I had some down time today.  I took advantage of that down and made a couple of cards.  One a fall design and the second a winter design... thus my blog title.  First up is the card with a fall design that uses the current layout from Freshly Made Sketches and the color combo from ColourQ.  I have tons of quilling papers and had not quilled in ages.  I decided that today I would pull out all my quilling supplies and use them on my card.  I created a little corner piece in the style of a sunflower using the dark brown and orange colors and some leaves using the turquoise color.  I die cut the banner from kraft cardstock and then adhered my quilled pieces.  The thanks was die cut from dark brown and dark turquoise cardstock.  I offset the turquoise behind the brown, adhered them together and then to the banner.  Some patterned paper in a darker orange and cream was adhered to my card base and then finished with the banner.  
 

The second card is my winter design.  Each month I check out the MFT monthly kit and finally in September I took the plunge and got the Snowflake Sparkle kit.  I used it to create my card for this week's MFT sketch challenge.  I die cut one of the larger snowflakes from the blue glitter paper included in the kit and then two smaller snowflakes from white and stamped them with the coordinating stamps in the MFT Blue Breeze and Tropical Teal inks included in the kit.  I cut the panel from white cardstock and then die cut the center with the largest die from the MFT Stitched Inside Out die set.  The outer part of the panel was adhered to a card base made with MFT Cornflower  cardstock and then the inner panel was adhered using foam dots.  The snowflake was layered on and I added the sentiment that was stamped on a MFT Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax.   I am absolutely loving all the snowflake images in this kit and can't wait to make something else with it!

Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Thanks card:  PTI kraft and Stampin Up! Early Espresso and Turquoise cardstock; American Crafts Halloween patterned paper; Quilling paper strips; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Snowflake card:  MFT Cornflower and Recollections white cardstock; MFT blue glitter paper; Stamps and Dies:  My Favorite Things; Inks:  My Favorite Things


5 comments:

Greta said...

2 winners, Rosemary! I so wanted that kit, but didn't win it & didn't buy it, unfortunately! I almost bought a pack of quilled embellishments the other day, thinking of you! I adore that card!

Lisa Elton said...

This quilling is so pretty Rosemary! My SIL used to put quilled pieces on her handmade cards. And that snowflake is beautiful. Another fabulous pair of cards!!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what beautiful cards.
Fabulous take on the sketches.
They sure look like winners to me.

Narelle Farrugia said...

As always Rosemary your card is just gorgeous and so detailed. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love your quilling Rosi. Works great in the corner of the panel. Oh and that snowflake is so beautiful.