"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 11, 2016

wishing you..

Hello!!  The weekend is upon us once again!  I'm stopping in with a card for a couple of challenges:  MFT color challenge and CAS(E) this Sketch.  Love, love, love the MFT color combo so I just had to make something with it (may even made another card using it!)! The CTS layout was a bit of a challenge to me and so I just had to give it a try.   The two shades of gray made me think of the beautiful Snowflake Sparkle card kit and so I pulled that out.  Initially I was going to stamp the snowflakes pursuant to the CTS layout, but quickly decided that for the sake of getting the card done quickly I needed to die cut the snowflakes and stamp with the corresponding image.  It was much easier to line up the die cuts!!  Once I had the snowflakes adhered (I used spray adhesive... works like a charm!) I then die cut the panel down.  The sentiment (also from the kit) was stamped using dark red ink.  I then matted the main panel with a dark red panel and adhered to a white cardstock base.  I used my Quickie glue pen to add glue to certain parts of the snowflakes and then added some sparkle with a pretty superfine glitter.

Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Cherry Cobbler; white; SSS fog; Stamps:  MFT; Dies:  MFT and AJVD; Super fine glitter; Inks:  SU! Cherry Cobbler and Smoky Slate

12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!

Karren said...

Such a beautiful card, Rosemary! I love these colors too and made a card for an upcoming DT post which, coincidentally, uses the same stamp set :)

Greta said...

Perfection! But I love that color combo, too, so will still have to come up with something!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love it!!

TK said...

Beautiful color combo, and great use of that layout -- perfect!

Anita in France said...

How gorgeous, Rosemary ... elegant, stylish and so lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

I love these colors.
Rosemary, this is beautifully stamped & designed

Hannelie said...

Beautiful!
So glad you joined us at CTS!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! Love how you used the color palette, too!

Susan R. Opel said...

Thought you might like to see this!

http://bit.ly/MFTCCC57Reminder

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

Greta said...

Wow--noticed by both MFT & CTS! Congrats, my friend!

TK said...

What a wonderful card -- the colors are gorgeous, you are amazing! Congrats on HM at CTS!