"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, December 10, 2016

peace on earth..

Stopping in with another tag for Ellen's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist.  This tag is for day 8 where we are asked to use a watercolor technique.  I took my inspiration from Carly's cute tag.   I'm also going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp challenge of ice inspired, as well as Lori's Visions of Sugarplums challenge.     At the beginning of the week Ellen offered the opportunity to by Christmas products at 30% off.  I took advantage of that offer and purchased the beautiful Essentials by Ellen Season to Sparkle stamps and matching dies with the idea to use them specifically for my tag.  I didn't use the color combo from the SSS challenge, but took my inspiration from the photos. I stamped the stag on some watercolor paper using VersaMark ink, applied iridescent sparkle embossing powder and heat set.  Then I colored him with ZIG markers in two shades of brown and clean water.  I let him dry and then die cut my tag from watercolor paper, stamped it with the stars from the same set using the same embossing powder and then watercolored my sky with a gray and dark blue ZIG.  I added in some pink and orange to give it that Milky Way look.   The little snowy slope was created by die cutting a second tag in half with a die from AJVD, applying some light gray ZIG and blending it out.  Once everything was dry stamped the word peace in Onyx Black VersaFine (from the Season to Sparkle set) and then stamped "on earth" in VersaMark on black cardstock, applied white embossing powder, heat set it and trimmed it out.  I adhered the slope to my tag and then added the deer and the rest of the sentiment.  I decided to stamp the circle image from the set to create a little moon for the deer to be looking at.  That was also embossed with the iridescent embossing powder and then colored with two shades of gray ZIG markers.  To finish off the tag I added some more sparkle with Diamond Stickles and some the fringy, sparkly twine.


Hope you have a wonderful day...
Supplies:  Ranger watercolor cardstock; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  Essentials by Ellen and AJVD; Inks:  VersaMark and VersaFine; Embossing powder:  white and iridescent; ZIG clean color markers; sparkly twine

8 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

WOW This is so beautiful Rosi. What a gorgeous tag. I just love how you colored the deer and your delicious background gf.

Julie S said...

This is really gorgeous. I love the sky background.

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous, frosty scene, Rosemary ... it's so magical ... a beautiful tag! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Absolutely fabulous! LOVE the background, and that origami stag is wonderful!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Rosemary...WOW!!!

Greta said...

This is so creative & beautiful, Rosemary--love it!

Lori said...

You created a beautiful starry scene - pretty reindeer, too! Thank you for joining the Winter/Christmas challenge at Choux Choux Paper Art!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful tag! Love the background and the colours. Lovely of you to play along Simon Says Stamp Ice Inspiration Challenge. Thanks so much. Gayatri xx