"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, December 28, 2017

a copper pineapple...

Hello!!  I have a card to share using the Concord & 9th Pineapple Perfection stamp set.  I had a crazy idea to emboss the pineapple in copper on vellum and so I gave it a try!   I really like how it turned out!!  Originally I had the vellum pineapple backed with a pineapple cut from black cardstock, but I didn't like it as much as when I die cut the pineapple from dark brown.  I will admit that the copper pineapple and the copper Happy Birthday are the third attempts for both.  The first two pineapples got ruined and the first two happy birthdays did not die cut well.  So you know the say... third times a charm!!   The strip behind the pineapple is also copper, but is reading as gold in the photo.   I added some splatters using a dark brown watercolor from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  The panel was trimmed down, the strip adhered and then I added the pineapple and the sentiment using foam dimensionals.  I think this would make a great masculine card.  I will be adding this to the current Where Creativity Meets C9 anything goes challenge, the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  I have included a close up of the embossing so you can really see that it is copper and not gold.


Have a wonderful day!!  

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI vellum, dark brown and rustic white; Stamps and dies:  Concord & 9th; Ink:  VersaMark watermark ink:  Embossing powder:  Stampin Up! copper; Kuretake Gansai Tambi dark brown




10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

All of the attempts were SO WORTH IT!! This is stunning Rosemary. The copper pineapple is elegant and regal. Fabulous card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous copper pineapple, Rosemary! Just love all the splatters too!!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is striking! Beautifukly done! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Anita in France said...

Rich and so regal, Rosemary ... the contrast between the strong copper and delicate vellum is gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

Hi Rosie, long time no visit... sorry!!!love this beautiful card and the amazing embossing too. Happy 2018! ;) Viv xx

Greta said...

What a neat looking card, Rosemary! Your efforts were totally worth it!

Karen B. said...

Love the use of copper here on your fabulous card! Thanks for playing at the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful!!! This is a definite winning combination. Always a pleasure to have you join us for our Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. I love it. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year with family and friends. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Karren said...

Your copper pineapple looks fabulous, Rosemary! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.